Sometimes we really hate our looks. We might even look like we rushed out of the door without looking at the mirror. The excuses are endless – ranging from I overslept to I have small kinds who need constant attention. Make no excuses. With few simple changes to your daily routine you will be able to look smart at all times.
Don’t you just envy those super-performers who seem to have constant flow of energy and 48 hours in a day. Nah, they don’t have more hours, nor they are super humans. They’ve just adopted some good habits and stick to them. The good news are that you can too.
- Get out clean – no matter at what time you got to bed, wake up at least half an hour before you get out of the door. Use the time to brush your teeth, rinse your face and eat your fruits.
- Decide what you will wear tomorrow and prepare your clothes. Nothing beats this one. Deciding on your outfit in the morning when you are in hurry isn’t a good idea. Do you know that the time in the morning runs faster than usual? Especially when you are in hurry.
- Squeeze in some ‘ME’ time – get groomed. Simple things like being shaved and a good hairdo make you look fresh instantly. Ladies, shave your legs and pick your eyebrows regularly (at weekends is best). Get your nails polished. Gents, cut your nails and keep them in good shape.
- Always use deodorant. I mean ALWAYS. Wearing perfume does not count. If you want to, use both. That will prevent excessive sweating and you will smell fresh at all times.
- Make the time to exercise. Even if you have 5 minutes in the morning, you can squeeze in some exercise time. If you have half an hour, go out for a quick walk around. If you have an hour or more, get on the treadmill or even better go out for a run. Running is one of the least equipment demanding sports. All you need are comfortable running shoes, socks, everyday top and pants and you are all set. Getting our will help you get refreshed and you will feel better.
- Don’t stay all day trapped inside your office – get outside even for 10 minutes. It would make a world of difference for your confidence.
- Smile as often as you can. Find the bright side of life. Enjoy whatever you do. If you don’t enjoy your job, find another one that inspires you and brings you joy.
- Relax as often as you can. Popular relaxation strategies are exercising, reading, going for a walk, going shopping, meditation.
You just need to decide that you need a change and embrace those little strategies. Every little step counts.